Bereaved helping the bereaved learn to live with grief.
Canadian Mental Health Association: www.cmha.ca- Click here
Learn how to take care of your mental health; resource includes facts about mental illness.
This resource is intended for:
- Working people with low mood, who may be at risk for developing depression.
- Working people who have developed a mild or major depression.
- Individuals who have been off work for a period of time.
- Partners, family members, friends or workplace colleagues who want to help.
- Employers, supervisors or managers concerned about their staff.
- Treatment providers who would like a tool to use as an adjunct to their clinical treatment.
Focuses on ways to:
- Deal with workplace problems so they are less likely to cause depressed mood or lead to depression.
- Reduce the effects of depression and depressed mood on work satisfaction and performance.
Source: Simon Fraser University
- Distress Centre Ottawa and Region- Click here
- Mental Health Crisis Line- Click here
Membership in the WRF
Who can join the OC Transpo WRF?
Any person working for OC Transpo or Para Transpo, whether full-time, temporary or casual, retirees (who were previously members) and including spouses. Membership in the WRF includes the use of all fitness facilities, participation in programs (including martial arts), and recreational & social activities.
How can I join the OC Transpo WRF?
Membership is welcome at any time by completing an application form, reading and signing the informed consent, and completing the physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR Q) at 1500 St. Laurent Boulevard.
Membership fees are $3.50 per pay (bi-weekly, payable through payroll deduction). This fee is used to cover operating costs of the programs. To add a spouse is an additional $3.50 per pay.
Access to any of the fitness facilities is with your City of Ottawa Photo ID card.
For WRF membership applications, please contact: Extension 52423 or WRFGyms@ottawa.ca